Spotted on Cinematic Paradox, and originating from Defiant Success, here's a smart wee questionnaire for movie lovers. See whatcha think:
1. Movie you love with a passion.
I can get boring about a few different films (Big Lebowski, Mulholland Dr., even Star Wars) but I do passionately love Amadeus, a sumptuous, gorgeous chocolate box of a movie.
2. Movie you vow to never watch.
If this was 'never watch again', there'd be a long list. In terms of not seeing something in the first place I'll go for Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of The Sith. The first prequel disappointed beyond measure; I gave it a second chance with II, which was even worse, if anything. So I won't be watching the third.
3. Movie that literally left you speechless.
Hmmm... literally? The closest would probably be seeing The Matrix at the cinema for the first time without reading any reviews or hearing any hype - incredible, and also the last time I was genuinely impressed by movie special effects.
4. Movie you always recommend.
Aki Kaurismaki's The Man Without A Past.
5. Actor/actress you always watch, no matter how crappy the movie.
Naomi Watts. Used to be Nicholas Cage, but he's pushed it too far.
6. Actor/actress you don't get the appeal for.
Kenneth Branagh. Is that cruel? Maybe Kate Hudson?
7. Actor/actress, living or dead, you'd love to meet.
8. Sexiest actor/actress you've seen. (Picture required!)
Chap-wise, it'll be George Clooney. Lady-wise, it's a three-way [sic] tie between Salma Hayek, Rosario Dawson and Naomi Watts.
9. Dream cast.
Naomi Watts, Salma Hayek, Rosario Dawson, Nicholas Cage, George Clooney, John Turturro.
10. Favorite actor pairing.
Difficult... De Niro/Pesci maybe?
11. Favorite movie setting.
LA, without a doubt. More on this to come in a dedicated post...
12. Favorite decade for movies.
A toss-up between the 70s and the 90s. Put a gun to my head and I'll say... 90s!
13. Chick flick or action movie?
Action movie. I don't dislike chick flicks on the whole, but the standard is generally lower.
14. Hero, villain or anti-hero?
It should really be the hero, shouldn't it?
15. Black and white or color?
Colour. B&W is fine, but all my favourite movies are in colour.